Copyright (c) Martin Lafaix, 1997-1998. All rights reserved. ©
devPad Change History
This release is the last one to support the JDK v1.0.
- Class list sorted in package browsers ;
- A devPad can contain any of the following: Editable areas, HTML areas
and devPad areas
- The visual appearance of notebooks has been enhanced ;
- Pictures in HTML documents are now displayed ;
- A details view added to devPad main window ;
- A hierarchy view added to package browsers ;
- Contextual popup menus added in various areas (Layout and Details view of devPads, Hierarchy view of package browser) ;
- Toolbars added to devPads windows, classes and packages browsers ;
- (Almost) complete internal rewrite.
Usability enhancements :
- An active area can now be moved or resized without being selected
- If more than one area is selected, they can be sequentially compiled,
- Common packages added to the Help menu,
- The Browse class... option in the Selected menu is now
enabled (and looks for import statements if needed),
- Filter added in packages browsers,
- Exit confirmation prompter added ;
Support for .java files ;
Class browsers now display source code if available ;
Package browsers now display subpackages if requested ;
Workaround added for JDK 1.1 compatibility.
- This release is a minor update, which fixes bugs and allows the
user to resize and move areas.
The first public release of devPad.
page | Document
This page was created on 15 Mar 1998; it can be found